IADLEST is known for being the catalyst for law enforcement improvement; and each year, the annual conference showcases this commitment by focusing on the most pressing issues for training managers and executives. The IADLEST Conference will challenge delegates by examining emerging concepts and methods and providing access to:
1. New ideas and approaches to law enforcement standards and training
2. Both leading edge and topical presentations
3. Opportunities to connect with key individuals and organizations across the law enforcement standards and training segment
The 2017 Conference will be held in Nashville, TN May 21-24, 2017, at the Downtown Hilton, and will give you an opportunity to share your knowledge with peers. IADLEST is looking for approximately 10-12 professionals to present on a topic related to one of IADLEST’s 3 major mission areas, including:
· Law enforcement standards and training issues
· Executive level skills
· Results of research and analysis of training
· Best practices or technology in training
Submission Deadline: October 30, 2016
Two submission options:
1. An online form is available: http://form.jotform.us/form/21774295934161, which can be filled out and submitted. Bios or resumes may be uploaded and submitted with the online form.
2. A fillable PDF form is also available. That form can be filled out and printed. Bios and resumes may be mailed or emailed with the form. The printed version can be mailed to:
1330 Manship Pl.
Meridian, ID 83642
§ A printed version can also be scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
§ You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 72 hours of receiving the completed form.
The IADLEST Selection Committee will review abstracts during November, 2016. During this time, the Committee will request more information from potential presenters, if needed. Presenter selections will be based on the following criteria:
1.) Topic relevance to IADLEST’s major mission areas and relevance to the majority of IADLEST members and conference attendees
2.) Clear statement of solutions to common challenges in the industry
3.) Extent to which attendees would benefit from your presentation
4.) Original work of the author/presenter
5.) Speaker's topic expertise and knowledge
6.) Speakers presentation experience and skill level
The selection of presenters will be announced, via e-mail by December 30, 2016. Selected presenters must sign a presentation commitment letter by January 25, 2017.
Corresponding papers will be published by IADLEST following the presentation at the 2016 Conference.
Speakers will receive 1 night of lodging at the conference host hotel and will be provided complimentary lunch during the day of the presentation.
Speakers will be offered a discounted registration fee to attend the entire conference if desired.
Travel expenses, IADLEST conference registration fees (optional attendance), and other expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the presenter.