ICITAP Law Enforcement Advisor Anti-Terror Unit, Bandladesh
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia.
PAE is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. PAE is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with PAE, it should not be considered an employment relationship with PAE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
ICITAP is initiating a project to assist the operationalization of a new Bangladesh law enforcement organization, the Anti-Terrorism Unit (ATU). This effort involves a job task analysis (JTA) of the organization to assist with recruitment and hiring of personnel. The goal is to establish a professional cadre of capable officers and to increase the workforce by 300%. The advisor will conduct and lead a JTA, assist with assessment and measurement tools, write job descriptions and mission statements, and conduct other work related to ATU’s operationalization. The advisor will travel to the projected eight ATU Regional headquarters (Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Khulna, Barisal and Mymensingh) to conduct JTA interviews, as well as identify any infrastructure, training, or logistics needs that require follow-on engagement.
The advisor will primarily be located in Dhaka, Bangladesh, with short TDYs to other cities in Bangladesh. The advisor will work closely with the ICITAP Law Enforcement Assistance Attaché (LEAA) and the Department of State program office. Candidates are expected to foster effective and productive working relationships with USG officials and with host government stakeholders.
- A minimum of 15 years of law enforcement experience, and 5 years’ experience in a management position
- Experience in organization development, internal affairs, or law enforcement administration
- Experience conducting and/or leading Job Task Analyses. The advisor must be able to:
- Construct accurate and valid job descriptions
- Define valid and defensible job duties and responsibilities
- Define necessary knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) that are required for minimally competent job performance
- Determine entry level and advance level job requirements
- Determine legitimate medical and/or physical job requirements
- Develop and/or validate training curricula
- Experience preparing and delivering briefings to senior officials
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Direct experience working on counterterrorism investigations in a local, state, or federal law enforcement organization
- Experience mentoring international police organizations in organizational development, counterterrorism, internal affairs, case management, source development, and/or problem resolution methodologies
- Experience writing curriculum and delivering training
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Position Title: Bangladesh Law Enforcement Advisor (ATU)
- Security Level Desired: Secret
- Expected Period of Performance: January 1, 2021-Deecmber 31, 2021, with the possibility of extension
- Expected Deployment Date: January 1, 2021
- Planned Work Schedule (# days per month): 22 days/month
- Work Location (City): Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Work Site (Embassy, DOJ Facility, Ministry, etc.): Main work site will be in a DOJ Office and ATU headquarters; Occasional meetings at U.S. Embassy-Dhaka
- Any Additional Incentives (Danger Pay %, Post Differential %, Reduced Per Diem, etc.): Housing will be covered, Reduced M&IE stipend included
Additional Incentives (Danger Pay %, Post Differential %, Reduced Per Diem, etc.): Housing will be covered, Reduced M&IE stipend included