ICITAP Napal Senior Law Enforcement Advisor
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia.
PAE is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. PAE is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with PAE, it should not be considered an employment relationship with PAE.
PAE is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Senior Law Enforcement Advisor in Nepal. This position will be responsible for overall guidance, technical, administration and operational assistance to Nepal Police and newly established Provincial Police Organizations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide training and technical assistance to the Nepal Police in the areas associated with the development of a POST like Commission.
- Provide training and technical assistance to the Provincial Police organizations as they develop.
- Meet with political stakeholders and educate them on policing issues.
- Provide training and technical assistance to Provincial Police personnel from the patrol level to the Chief level in a variety of topics listed above.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Risk assessment
- Managing internal investigations
- Audit and Compliance
- Operational Assessment
- Basic and Specialized law enforcement training
- Experience dealing with political sector as a police leader.
- Criminal investigations, crime scene, forensic lab operations
- Police Patrol
- Police Administration and Leadership
- Computer Aided Dispatch/Record Management Systems
- Community Policing
- Harbor and Waterway Policing
- Professional Standards Development
- Asia Regional knowledge
- Wildlife and Trafficking in Persons investigations.
- Experience working with Foreign Law Enforcement Organizations related to Border Security
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.