The IADLEST International Certified Instructor is focused on all instructors that teach law enforcement officers in countries outside the United States. It is also useful for those instructors from the United States that teach in foreign countries as part of U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of State, U.N. missions, or other assignments where the credibility of instructor qualifications are paramount to securing assignments or the recognition of international partner countries.
What are the benefits of becoming an International Certified Instructor?
- Receive an Identification cardwith the IADLEST seal documenting your International Certified Instructor status and expiration date;
- Receive an IADLEST certificate, suitable for framing;
- Post your picture and biographical information on the International Certified Instructor Webpage with links back to your direct e-mail or web pages;
- Receive access to IADLEST’s NLEARN web-portal with training links, open dialogue trainer discussions, lesson plans, relevant instructional and law enforcement articles;
- Receive an IADLEST International Certified Instructor Program lapel pin;
- Use the IADLEST International Certified Instructor Program acronym on your business cards, letterhead, etc. Example: Peggy Schaefer, MPM, CPM, IICI
- “Charter member” status designated on ID card for the first 100 members.
What are the Requirements for becoming an International Certified Instructor?
- Complete the IADLEST International Certified Instructor Application.
- Submit a current résumé outlining your specific law enforcement teaching and curriculum development law enforcement experience indicating more than three (3) years of training experience. Information regarding languages spoken or understood, and experience using interpretation equipment or interpreter services should be included, if applicable.
- Submit your agency, POST, federal, or national Academy Director endorsement; or THREE (3) letters of recommendation from Law Enforcement CEOs attesting to your skills and abilities. All references will be contacted during a background check.
- Submit a completion certificate from a recognized basic Instructor level course from an academy, state POST, federal or international academy, or IACP, NRA, etc.) or recognized documents indicating instructor certification.
- There is a two-year certification period for IADLEST International Certified Instructors.
- Submit your $175 biennial International Instructor Fee. Download Invoice Form
- Complete renewal application form and send it to IADLEST IICI Program Manager.
- Submit $175 biennial renewal fee. You may pay by credit card or PayPal online here: IICI Certification Renewal Fee Payment
- Every two years, each International Certified Instructor must complete SIX (6) hours of instructor training/development continuing education to maintain certification. These training hours can come from attending conferences/webinars (e.g., IADLEST, ILEETA, IALEFI, IACP, Alert International, or other recognized instructor development providers); from attending POST, State, federal/national training related to instructional development or instructor expertise; by obtaining higher instructor level certificates; or attendance at college or university courses related to instructional development. Continuing education documentation must accompany the renewal application or be on record with the applicant’s IICI program file.
- For individuals who also hold current status as an IADLEST Nationally Certified Instructor, and are renewing the IADLEST International Certified Instructor certification, the renewal fee will be $75.
After completing the application, send it and all supporting documentation to William Flink, IICI Program Manager at email@example.com
Who can I contact for more information?
Read our FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about IICI